The Printing Section, erstwhile known as Cartography Division was a part and parcel of the All India Soil and Land Use Survey, presently known as Soil and Land Use Survey of India (SLUSI), established in the premises of Soil Science Division, IARI, Pusa Campus, New Delhi in 1956.
In 1969, the All India Soil and Land Use Survey was divided into two separate organizations and Cartography Division was transferred with National Bureau of Soil Survey and Land Use Planning. In 1986, it was named as Printing Section due to the formation of Cartography Section at Nagpur. Since 1986 Printing Section is working as an independent unit under the direct control of Headquarters Nagpur.
Printing Section is well equipped with following machines
Although the above machines are very old but still black and while work is being done successfully. Till now more than 235 different Scientific and Technical publications and 218 sheets of different thematic maps in black and white/multi colour have been accomplished.